Sexual Health: PRFM and PRP
Performance Enhancement and Sexual Wellness for MenIt’s a sensitive topic, but someone has to approach sexual wellness. For men, sexual wellness means performance and enhancement. Because of various medical issues – namely enlarged prostate or cancer of the prostate, diabetes, drug or surgery side-effects, some men lose function. This can be treated with the PRP male shot. It provides improvements that last. When it comes to relationships, how your penis is formed or functions can make a huge difference. Self-esteem is often linked to whether the male can gain or retain an erection. Even the size is more important than you think. The impact of issues in the bedroom can be devastating. Problematic changes in sexuality in men between the ages of 40 and 70 are common. In fact, one in two of them is affected by changes to some degree. As far as erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, or penis size, in the past, there were limited solutions. And of course, some men are embarrassed to discuss these private and personal issues. Being uncomfortable is normal, even when speaking to a physician. The good news is, modern technology offers men what the past could not. Now physicians have new solutions for a variety of sexual problems.
The Priapus shot and PRPSome men, even those without any known sexual issues, have tried a treatment called the Priapus shot. However, that is not what we do. This male shot, which does deliver PRP, and does benefit the patient, is still painful and invasive. Other techniques can deliver the same PRP to the treatment area using local anesthesia. This is a new technique that has proven painless.
Do you want to know what the PRP shot can do?After the procedure and during post-treatment, most men report benefits:
- Sexual stamina is greatly increased
- Enhanced capabilities during sexual encounters
- Circulation to important areas is increased
- Erection firmness is also increased
- Sensation and touch improved
- Therapies such as Viagra or Cialis work much better
- Any prostate discomfort can be resolved or reduced
The basics of the PRP male shotBefore anything else can be done, blood must be drawn. After this, platelets and growth factors, using a simple technique, are separated and concentrated to form PRP or platelet-rich plasma. Local numbing is administered, and the physician injects the platelet-rich plasma into the affected area. No worries, the needle used for this technique is much smaller than the one used to draw blood. There are little to no restrictions after the procedure, and the treatment is practically painless.
Who is certified to administer the male PRP shot?Not just any physician can offer the PRP male shot. First off, an FDA approved lab kit is necessary to begin. Each physician must be trained in the specific method of administering PRP materials. This is mandatory, and without the proper training, physicians wouldn’t be familiar with the right tissues that must receive the injection.
PRP kits aren’t equal. Skinsational by Dr.Luciano utilizes Selphyl®.Although there are many PRP centrifuges and treatment techniques, there are preferred methods. We utilize the Selphyl® Centrifuge system of choice. The reason? Its customized tubes that separate the layers of cells and platelets gather only the best PRP. As with other treatments, the PRP is sent to a tube coated in Calcium Chloride. When this happens, fibrin is created from fibrinogen for the use of clotting. A PRFM is created, otherwise known as the fibrin Matrix. This helps to control growth and stabilize the plasma-rich platelets. It also brings greater results and a longer lifespan of benefits of the treatment.
Want to know more?If you’re interested in learning more about PRP for men, call us today to schedule your appointment at 401.521.0303
PRP Injections for Men FAQs
1How safe is the PRP shot?
The shot is FDA approved, which means that no side-effects are reported as of yet. Since the injection material comes from your blood, no allergic reactions occur either. This is also because the injection is administered in a sterile and safe place. The needle used for the procedure also doesn’t damage structures of the skin tissue.
2How painful is the PRP male shot?
There is no pain, mainly because a topical cream is used before the injection. This cream numbs the area in preparation for the treatment. There may be a short-term burning sensation or pinching, along with a bit of pressure, but overall, painless.
3Who can receive the PRP male shot? Must I have a problem at all?
You don’t have to have a single thing wrong with you to receive the shot. Some men decide to get the treatment to enhance their size or for better performance.
4Does the PRP male shot work immediately? What consists of post-treatment?
While the PRP male shot may not work immediately, some men experience an improvement early on. Some, however, see the effects at about 3-4 weeks. After 8 weeks have passed, if you haven’t gotten the desired treatment, a second shot may be needed. Based on some issues or goals, a pump may be recommended for some patients. As far as post-treatment goes, there are no physical restrictions and no visible scars except a small bruise in rare cases.
5Do results last a long time?
Most men can experience great benefits from the PRP shot for a whole year, maybe longer. However, to maximize the benefits, the shot should be repeated each year.
- At the Beginning i was very very nervous, but when i called the secretary told me Dr. Luciano will answer all my questions! Sure he did, when i get to the consult he is very professional answer every single question i have and went straight to what i needed! 5 days post-op feeling amazing. Thank you Dr.Luciano and staff for all your kindness!! And professionalism.
- Dr. Luciano and his staff are caring and on point! Both offices that I attended were very clean, and organized. Dr. Luciano definitely looks after his patients as he would a member of his own family. Which is really important to me! It's why I chose this office and why I would happily go back there again. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
- Dr Luciano was great! The procedure was very well explained in detail, I am now 4 weeks post op tummy tuck and lipo and feel wonderful ! The staff is super helpful and so friendly too. My tummy looks awesome now and I can’t wait for final results in a couple months . A+!!!