Introducing Innovative MicroNeedlingMicroNeedling in Providence, RI, is an advanced method of improving the skin’s appearance through multiple puncture procedures. It’s quite a bit different from most other treatments. One interesting variation is the origin of this treatment. It might surprise you to know that MicroNeedling came from studies involving a tattoo machine. A plastic surgeon in the 90s used the basic concept of this type of machine to remove scarring of the skin. Using multiple punctured areas the machine created a perfect canvas with an innovative treatment –the results: vast improvements of the skin’s surface.
How does MicroNeedling work?Why do tiny needles produce such great results? MicroNeedling stimulates the healing of the skin by creating little holes, or micro-channels. Elastin and collagen are produced as the skin heals from the stimulation of the needling procedure. You see, that’s the secret. Coaxing the skin to replace its own collagen has a longer-lasting result. Scars and wrinkles are softened by a thicker dermis as well. Production of new collagen thickens the dermis reducing even stretch marks, fine lines, and other more severe skin issues. If combined with rich platelet plasma, even hair restoration can be accomplished successfully.
More about MicroNeedlingWhile pain is almost non-existent, it is necessary to apply a topical anesthetic before the process of MicroNeedling begins. At the end of the pen-like tool, tiny needles enter the skin’s surface. Additional skin treatments, including PRP, can be absorbed after creating channels. This is accomplished by moving the device across the skin. Simultaneously, as mentioned before, new collagen is being produced as skin immediately starts the healing process.
Several issues improved by MicroNeedling:
- Brightening dull skin
- Shrinking enlarged pores
- Removal of fine lines
- Eradicating stretch marks
- Tackling wrinkles
- Removing new and old acne scars
- Stimulating hair growth with platelets from plasma
What you can expect from your MircroNeedling sessionThe most outstanding result of Microneedling is ‘collagen induction therapy’. Since the procedure causes your skin to go into healing mode, fibroblasts alert collagen to start production. You see, your skin sees Microneedling as a form of injury, so it rushes to heal the perceived injury. So, in truth, MicroNeedling creates wounds, and these wounds create newer and even better skin. It’s like any other injury which works to heal itself using new cells. It’s such an intriguing process that works wonders for many skin imperfections. In Providence, RI, we perfect this treatment, keeping in mind the many flaws of the skin. “What we must understand about this amazing concept is that just a couple of these sessions isn't’ going to replace 10 or 20 years of damage. It’s recommended that pairing MicroNeedling with other procedures, such as PRP will bring the best results. Since collagen regeneration is important to patients, how much collagen regeneration depends on how much collagen is lost. However, these procedures can be done with lost cost and little downtime for the patient. Whether it’s 4 or 6-month intervals, this will depend on the loss of collagen during the periods between sessions." – Dr. Luciano Sztulman
At Skinsational by Dr. Luciano, we cater to your needs
- What is your schedule? Do you need a series of treatments or one?
- What is your budget? How much can or are you willing to spend?
- How quickly do you want to see results (months or weeks)?
- What is your volume or collagen loss?
- Does aging issues bother you the most?
- Do you have a tolerance for skin flushing or irritation?
- Are there any pigmentation worries?
- What procedures interest you the most?
Wish to know more?If you’re interested in learning more about MicroNeedling, call us today to schedule your appointment at 401.521.0303
1Is MicroNeedling painful?
Microneedling does not hurt. In fact, it’s one of the least painful procedures, thanks to a special numbing cream that’s applied before the session. You can expect a tiny bit of redness in the problematic areas, but it doesn’t last long if a platelet-rich plasma is administered.
2So, there’s no downtime at all?
You will look flushed in the area of the treatment, but this doesn’t come with pain. However, skincare professionals in Providence, RI, suggest adjusting the Your normal facial regimen for 7-10 days because of the slightly sensitive areas. Not all, but some patients do have flaking skin or exfoliation. This isn’t serious. It isn’t necessary to miss work, but it might be smart to postpone social engagements due to the flushing or flaking of the skin. Downtime will be different according to the individual. This also varies when other procedures are used in conjunction with MicroNeedling. At Skinsational by Dr. Luciano, we think as much about post-procedure as the treatment itself. We do recommend cosmeceuticals from AlumierMD. There are several reasons why. This product does not irritate the skin, allows it to breathe, and is actually healthy for areas of treatment. Depending on your skin tone, there are many available shades.
- At the Beginning i was very very nervous, but when i called the secretary told me Dr. Luciano will answer all my questions! Sure he did, when i get to the consult he is very professional answer every single question i have and went straight to what i needed! 5 days post-op feeling amazing. Thank you Dr.Luciano and staff for all your kindness!! And professionalism.
- Dr. Luciano and his staff are caring and on point! Both offices that I attended were very clean, and organized. Dr. Luciano definitely looks after his patients as he would a member of his own family. Which is really important to me! It's why I chose this office and why I would happily go back there again. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
- Dr Luciano was great! The procedure was very well explained in detail, I am now 4 weeks post op tummy tuck and lipo and feel wonderful ! The staff is super helpful and so friendly too. My tummy looks awesome now and I can’t wait for final results in a couple months . A+!!!