Breast Augmentation in Providence, RI and Boston, MA
Full, shapely breasts can help any woman feel more beautiful, feminine and secure. Breast augmentation by Dr. Luciano and Skinsational can help you have the breasts you have always wanted.
Note: Results vary and are not guaranteed for all patients. All images and benefits for procedures provided by Skinsational presented on this site represent specific results for individual clients.
Every woman deserves to love her body!
That’s why we specialize in the art of breast augmentation and implants. Breast augmentation at Skinsational in Boston and Providence is a cosmetic procedure designed to increase and enhance the size and shape of a woman’s breast using saline and silicone implants – and the end result is a more curvaceous, sexy bust line with a natural, sculpted look.
As with any medical procedure, there are many things to consider when you are thinking about having breast augmentation treatment – from the type of breast implant you want to the placement of your incision to your education about breast augmentation surgery recovery.
After you have read and considered the information here, we invite you to contact Dr. Luciano for a consultation to discuss your specific case and to schedule your procedure. We look forward to caring for you.
Breast Augmentation FAQs
1. What is the cost of breast implants?
The price will depend on the type of surgery you need for your procedure in order to achieve your goal, for either transaxillary or infra-mammary routes. This includes a postoperative breast strap and the support brassiere, surgical fees, supplies, implants, anesthesia, and recovery. There might be an additional charge for additional breast surgery or liposuction of the lateral chest in order to improve the breast contour and outcome.
2. What kind of breast augmentation guarantees does Skinsational offer in Boston and Providence?
We are committed to ensuring that your cosmetic journey is a long-term success. Therefore, we offer to our patients a Limited Lifetime Warranty, which includes: 1. No surgeon’s fees for revision surgery. 2 Anesthesia fees at cost. 3. Free replacement breast implants for deflation, rupture, or capsular contraction, if the manufacturer warranty is purchased.< 4. No-charge lifetime follow-up office visits/consultations regarding your surgery.
3. How is a breast augmentation procedure done?
The breast augmentation procedure consists of developing a pocket behind the breast tissue. An implant is placed in this area between the breast and the chest wall or beneath the muscle behind the breast. The implant thrusts the breast forward, but it is not actually within the breast tissue. The most common way to gain access to the area behind the breast in our office is through an incision approximately two inches long in the axilla, rendering no visible scars. Individual results do vary.
The size of the implant to be used is determined by the amount of the existing breast tissue that you have and by your height, weight and general body stature. There is probably no greater tendency to develop cysts or lumps in breasts with implants than without. Implants are not known to cause cancer at the present time, although, the use of implants have been known to cause cancer in certain animals. For unknown reasons, the incidence of breast cancer, according to most studies, is less after breast implant surgery.
4. What about anesthesia for breast augmentation?
You will be given local anesthetic with heavy sedation as needed, and you will have no pain whatsoever during the procedure. Some patients require no deep sedation, and undergo the procedure totally awake under local anesthesia and mild oral sedation only, also known as “Awake Breast Augmentation”.
Generally there is little risk in the use of local anesthesia with sedation. However, in some cases, there can be a reaction. Local anesthesia is safer than general anesthesia. You will be sent home, or to your hotel if you come from out of town, a short time after the operation, with postoperative instructions. If necessary, we can arrange for a 24-hour companion to care for you postoperatively. Please let us know in advance.
5. What complications of breast augmentation?
As with any surgery, you will have a scar. Fresh scars are usually firm and red, or darker, for a period of approximately six months and then they gradually improve over the first year. I prefer the underarm incision, since this area scars less and it leaves no scar whatsoever on the breast. No guarantee can be made concerning the appearance of your scar, since each person heals differently and neither the physician nor the patient can completely control the patient’s healing.
Breast asymmetry: breast augmentation enhances the shape and the volume of your breasts. It does not change the direction of your breast, areola, or nipples. Preoperative asymmetries usually persist after breast augmentation. Remember: the breasts are sisters, not twins.As with any operation you could possibly develop an infection, although, this is rare. Infection, if at all present, is generally limited to a very small area and simply means delayed healing for a few days. The most serious infection would result in removal of the implant. After a satisfactory period of healing (three to six months), the implant would be replaced.
Following surgery, you may expect some bruising near the incision and on the breast itself, but a larger amount of bleeding could occur, but is very unusual. This would require opening up the incision, evacuating and removing the blood or blood clots, controlling the bleeding, re-insertion of the implant and re-closing of the skin incision. This is very unusual, but it does rarely happen and certainly can be irritating, but it isn’t really serious. Because of bleeding, no Aspirin, Advil, Ibuprofen products or similar, or Vitamin E, can be taken for two weeks before surgery.
Numbness, tenderness or burning of the nipples or skin around the incision may be present after surgery, but this is generally temporary. A change in sensation of the nipples that may be permanent is rare, although it can happen. There may be no sensation in the areola and nipple areas after any breast surgery, including breast augmentation.
In approximately 5-10% of the cases, breast become firmer following implant surgery. The implant itself does not become firm, but the firmness is due to the formation of scar tissue around the implant. If this contracts excessively, it can result in undesirable firmness. While some firmness is beneficial to some patients, excessive firmness is ordinarily not desirable. If excessive firmness develops a second operation may also be required in a certain percentage of patients. It is also the opinion of this office that there are a small percentage of women who cannot tolerate breast implants without having permanently firm breasts.
On the day of the operation, you should not have had anything to eat or drink 8 hours prior to scheduled surgery. If you have anything to eat or drink during this time before your surgery, you must tell the doctor and the operation may be cancelled.
Try to arrive promptly, slightly before scheduled time. Think pleasant thoughts, since you will have no discomfort at all during surgery and will be given adequate pain medication afterwards.After surgery, you will be observed for a period of time before leaving our facility. Also, additional instructions will be available for the person taking you home. You cannot drive after the surgery, nor operate any machinery. A responsible adult, 18 or older, must be with you for the first 24 hours.
Prior to your surgery, you should have a baseline mammogram if you are over 40 years of age, or as indicated. We look forward to caring for you.
6. What Can You Tell Me About Placing Breast Implants Under the Pectoralis Major (chest) Muscle?On occasion, we are asked about placing the implants under the muscle, i.e., under the Pectoralis Major muscle. We favor placing the implants in the Subfascial space, in order to avoid certain undesired side-effects associated with other placements. To name a few, sub-muscular implants are associated with the following issues:
3. Too much lateral bulge at times, as there is a bony structure medially to the implant (Sternum bone).
4. Bottoming out: there is a capsule made of connective tissue that develops around breast implants over a period of 4-6 months after the implantation, regardless of the placement location, i.e., glandular, sub-fascial, or sub-muscular. In the sub-muscular placement, the implant may drop down, and sag the capsule containing it. This event is referred to as bottoming out and it is basically the sagging of the implant and its capsule.
5. Capsular contracture: this is a complication that occur in any breast implant, where the capsule that developed around the implant becomes calcified, causing a spherical contraction of the implant, causing the implant to feel hard and painful at times. The definitive treatment of capsular contraction is the removal of the capsule, or capsulectomy.
When the implant is placed under the muscle, it sits on the rib cage, i.e., the rib cage is located right below it. If a capsular contraction develops, it may be required to remove the capsule entirely as its definitive treatment, or capsulectomy. Technical difficulties and risks associated with the dissection of the capsule from the rib cage and its complete removal, may increase the risks associated with the procedure. Individual results may vary, and we will discuss your questions and concerns during your consultation.
7. What may I do after the breast augmentation?
For the first few days you must rest and relax. You will be wearing a support bra without under wiring, which will be provided to you. You may sit or lie on your back, or either side. You may be up to the bathroom and for meals. There should be no housework at all for the first two full days. It is important to be calm and cool. Avoid overheating and excitement of any kind during this period of time to eliminate the possibility of accidental injury or bruising.
You may raise the arms above the shoulders as needed after the first 2 days. A shower can be taken after the first 24 hours. Passive sexual activity may be resumed on the second day but no vigorous activity for at least one week. You should wear the recommended bra most of the time in the first 1-2 weeks. Sutures will be removed in 7-10 days. The time for your next return appointments will be the first or second day after surgery, then approximately one week later, in six weeks, and as needed thereafter. These appointments must be kept. You will receive follow-up evaluation and instructions at no charge.
Most of the discomfort will be over after the first two or three days; however, you may have some tenderness and soreness, which could last for a few weeks. After the first two days, you may drive a car if not taking pain medication and do light housework such as washing dishes. You should avoid hot baths and vigorous activity for at least four weeks unless instructed otherwise and should not participate in any sports such as jogging, swimming, bowling, tennis, etc. until after surgery is four weeks old. Any questions: you were given the Dr. cell phone number; call him as needed.
8. What type of breast implants are used?
Dr. Luciano specializes in saline and silicone implants. We use either Mentor or Allergan FDA-approved implants. The companies sell a warranty for the implants, which is something to consider in case you develop excessive contracture around the implant overtime. You may purchase this warranty until 45 days or so after your surgery date. The insurance’s details can be found in the respective manufacturer’s website. We encourage you to do so.
9. Where is the breast augmentation done?
The procedure is performed in our Operatory Surgical Center located in Swansea, MA. Our facility is accredited by the AAAHC which reflects the high standard and quality of care provided by our Team.
- At the Beginning i was very very nervous, but when i called the secretary told me Dr. Luciano will answer all my questions! Sure he did, when i get to the consult he is very professional answer every single question i have and went straight to what i needed! 5 days post-op feeling amazing. Thank you Dr.Luciano and staff for all your kindness!! And professionalism.
- Dr. Luciano and his staff are caring and on point! Both offices that I attended were very clean, and organized. Dr. Luciano definitely looks after his patients as he would a member of his own family. Which is really important to me! It's why I chose this office and why I would happily go back there again. I would highly recommend them to anyone.
- Dr Luciano was great! The procedure was very well explained in detail, I am now 4 weeks post op tummy tuck and lipo and feel wonderful ! The staff is super helpful and so friendly too. My tummy looks awesome now and I can’t wait for final results in a couple months . A+!!!